Monday, February 06, 2006

Thought from Class

I started school again today. So I had a microeconomics theory class this morning, and a political theory class this afternoon.

One of the things that my politics Prof. said has stuck in my head, and my notes. He said, while talking about the old greek philosophers, that the best activity for friends to partake in is the sharing of knowledge. This enriches both sides, and doesn't cost either side anything. Both halves of the relationship gain something from the exchange, and neither side looses anything.

That just struck me as really profound, and it also made me think that this is essentially what blogging is...except with blogs, one friend can reach many many more friends at the same time, thereby enriching many more people. Of course, the discussion needs to go both ways for the profit to be spread around...

No comments:

Post a Comment