Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Intellectual Debate / Althouse

Here's a cool post...I don't know how much you follow Althouse, but I love to read her. She's got good ideas and a bunch of random posts...which is cool.

So, here's a guy that's making fun of her, and, I have to confess, I had the same thoughts when I first read this Althouse post...but I didn't write about it, so he gets credit, not me. Enjoy.

P.P.S. I’ve just defended the Bush Administration from a Democratic attack, and pushed for spending discipline. Why won’t the right reach out and engage a moderate like me? What I’ve noticed, over and over, is that the bloggers on the left link to you when they agree and ignore the disagreements, and the bloggers on the right link only for the things they disagree with, to denounce you with short posts saying you’re evil/stupid/crazy, and don’t even seem to notice all the times you’ve written posts that take their side. Why is this happening? I find it terribly, terribly sad, and in no way transparently self-serving.

WHAT’S MORE: The point of that last paragraph isn’t necessarily obvious if you don’t already live inside my head, which relatively few people do.

To be more straightforward, I’m not at all irritated with any lack of approving links from right-of-center bloggers. I think that’s just the way of the world. Rather, I’m poking fun at Professor Althouse and the alleluia chorus surrounding the post that I’ve linked to in the last sentence. It seems to me that Althouse is starting with the assumption that, since she is at the center of political discourse, any asymmetrical treatment that she recieves from the right and left blogosphere must be due to the personality and intellectual flaws of liberals.


He then later says:

This is not to minimize the pleasure of the links from right-of-center blogs, which I do greatly appreciate.
So there you go. I gave you two links, but only one from a right-of-center blog...so enjoy, and remember me when you look at your TTLB and technocrati ranks...

Unrelated...I promise I'll post something substantial in a few days...I know I haven't had much in the way of ideas recently, but it's not my fault...when my teachers stop stealing my time, and give me back some of the time they've already taken, I'll be able to post something cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment