Sunday, January 15, 2006

A quick personal update

I'm sorry to my visitors who don't much care about my personal stuff. I'm on a trip, and this is how some people are keeping up with my life, so I feel required to post some things. Please, keep reading this post only as far as your interest goes...

Italy is still a good place to be, although the city I'm in is kind of boring. I'm stuck here for the duration, however, since I'm poor and the trains to elsewhere want me to pay for a ticket. I'm saving my cash to splurge on a couple of days in Rome at the end of my trip. But that means I was lonely this weekend, while everyone else went on trips, and I was the only student left here.

It wasn't that bad - in fact, I had been complaining to myself that my compainions were too "American" and that I couldn't very well see the city walking around with them. In fact, most of what they wanted to do was shop, and I'm not exactly into that, especially given my dire financial straights. As it turned out, I was right about them being a troop of Americans. I got out and saw a lot of the city, and was twice mistaken for a native. That is quite possibly the best misconception of my person that anyone can have, at least for my ego, and it took the edge off of my small loneliness.
I also avoided any and all forms of horsemeat while eating, so on the whole, I'd have to say that the weekend was a success! I'd love to hear how people are doing at home, so drop a comment or send me an e-mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment