Thursday, January 05, 2006

Oxford

The quintesential college town. It's amazing. Lots of cool buildings, old ones, just the way I likes 'em. Lots of great pubs. Last night I shared a pint with a prof. in the pub where Tolkien and Lewis hung out and did work every day. It was sweet.
Today I've been touring the colleges. I thought my schools were old. 1804ish and 1855 respectively...they would be considered the newest schools in oxford, except for one or two, maybe. I'm not 100% sure. I am sure that most here are old. It's a pretty cool place to be.
I think it just made my top ten cities list...
Gotta go...internet is free in the library, but you gotta be quick.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ben! :) I'll be checking back here to see how your Jan Plan goes (and, you know, whatever cool stuff you decide to talk about)! See you in Feb!

    ReplyDelete