Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Did Jesus (the man) exist?

Frankly, I've considered the matter settled for close to 2000 years by now...but evidently some people can't read acient latin/don't have someone to read it for them...so they doubt. I'm not even talking about Jesus as Christ/God, I'm talking about Jesus of Nazareth, the man. Unfortunately for the guy bringing this case to court, Jesus is one of the best-documented historical figures who wasn't a king...and I'm not just talking about the Bible. I'm talking, official, secular and even Pagan-religious (as opposed to Hebrew) historical chronicles where the man, Jesus of Nazareth, gets a mention. These documents also correspond to historical details in the gospels, at least, as far as I know. I mean, I'm not acient latin scholar or anything. I'm having enough trouble with present day latin.
But Wait! I haven't even gotten to the cool part yet, other than the laughs the court case gives. The trial is taking place in the town where my sister is studying for the year! I'll be there early next week! Isn't that cool? I'm going to be in the same town where either the trial of the millennium or the trial nobody-cared-about happened, at the same time that is was happening! Isn't that slightly cool? Maybe I'll even get to do some investigative reporting! As if I was a member of the mass media...Well, anything cool that I find out will be posted here, shortly thereafter...

No comments:

Post a Comment