Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Tookie monster?

Check this out...IMAO is the bestest, IMHO.

Update: Here is more about Tookie from IMAO.

UpdateII:

For reader information: I am generally against the death penalty. Allowing the government to kill people who aren't in a war worries me. As does allowing the government to start wars, but some things are necessary evils. Also, I don't think it (the death penalty works like it's supposed to. I mean, have you ever thought "I'm going to kill this person with the gun I'm holding in my hand. Oh Wait! I better not! In 20 years I might get killed after sitting in jail and watching cable TV!" The correct answer is 'no.' People who are going to kill others are simply not deterred effectively by the death penalty, so they should just sit in jail for the rest of their lives. I don't think, mind you, that those people need to be very comfortable, or be given any parole opportunities. But the government should not be in the business of killing people.

But I feel ok making light of the current situation, because I'm not the first to do so. The philosophy professors who admitted to nominating Tookie Williams (a founding member of the Crypts Gang, and someone who killed more than twice, with a grand payday of less that $100) for the Nobel peace prize because he had written three children’s books which sold a total of less that 500 copies, did that first. So in this situation, I'm ok with calling him the "Tookie Monster."

No comments:

Post a Comment