Friday, December 09, 2005

Ahhh

I just shaved my beard. Am I crazy? I think so. I'm entering a beard growing contest, and come valentines day, I'll be judged against the others for thickness, fullness, length, and hopefull, scrappyness, since I'll win that one.
I had a beautiful beard this morning, and I've had one since about three years ago. My face hurts, and I'm already cold. But it better be worth it.

Update: I had to walk outside to where they are registering people for this contest, and my face was cold. And then, all through my meeting tonight, I kept feeling the air currents. This is going to take some getting used to, and I better get it back quick.

Update II: The mixed bag of reactions is very interesting...some people, even those that I saw this afternoon, notice, and then try to pretend like it's been that way for a while, and don't mention anything. Some people just have thick heads. And some people go crazy...
Alos wierd, are the reactions when I tell people I shaved it off for the contest. The guys have mostly gone "Hey!! Cool, me too," while they rub their smooth cheeks. The girls have (almost all) asked me what the prize is for winning. To be honest, I have no idea. The material goods are not important. The important thing is winning, and therefore having the best beard on campus. That's prize is what makes this worthwhile...
Plus it's fun, right?

Update II: It's now about two-three weeks into the contest (I could figure it out, but why bother?) and my beard has come back ok. It's still woefully short, but it's comming along nicely. At least I no-longer look like a young child.

No comments:

Post a Comment