Monday, March 13, 2006

New Poem

Are you ready?

Spring

It’s Easter weather again.
I love this time of year.

When I walk out of church on a Sunday morning,
the scene is the same every week - Summer, Fall, or Winter

I’m wearing the same clothes,
except for the coat, and the building doesn’t change.

My tie still clutches my throat,
and the building still gleams white.

But there is something about the air
that just isn’t there in the fall

The air is crisp and cold, but there is
an extra something that other seasons forget.

I know what it is, it’s rebirth in the air.
The dead came back to life, and I feel it every year.

It’s strange, because this year it’s early.
Easter doesn’t show up on the calendar for almost another month.

But soon we’ll say the hallelujahs again,
and we’ll sing my favorite hymn.

“Up from the grave He arose! (He arose)
With a mighty triumph o’er His foe (He arose)!”

The proof of this rebirth is right in front of your eyes,
in every flower - even in the plain old grass.

It’s Easter time again.
Can you feel it this year?


As always, I'd love some comments on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment